April 27, 2007

Flight Adventure

http://www.luftfahrt.ch/images/ - Augsburg Airlines...



In fact, the flight adventure isn’t about either one of the flights but about the time in between our landing at Frankfurt airport and our departure there. After saying goodbye to my girlfriend and reassuring her that I would take care of myself Harald and I entered the boarding area. Where, due to massive time surplus, I had a closer look at our tickets. In my, sometimes wild, imagination, when booking the flights I had paid attention that we would have enough time in Frankfurt. Whatever finally happened I don’t know. For sure, I can only say that on our tickets there were mere 60 minutes from our arrival to the departure of our flight to Denver, CO. As I later realized I had not turned insane nor was I hallucinating in front of my computer a few months ago; actually, the flight departing in Graz had been rescheduled by half an hour. Anyway, this was not going to help us when our pilot explained that we were going to land a few minutes late because of heavy air traffic. Nor was it comforting us in any way when we were driving in a bus (where all passengers of our shuttle-airbus were transported at once – so much to the size of the first plane) from one end of Frankfurt airport to the other. To cut a long story short, by some unexplainable chance not only the bus brought us to the Terminal were we had to catch our connection flight, but also the queue at the security checks was short enough to let us move on rapidly. In the end we arrived at Gate 23 just in time for boarding, which by the way was about 15 minutes late and approximately 25 minutes after our arrival at the Terminal.

1 comment:

George said...

hey buddy! nice pics from you and Harald jetting around America! I'm sure that you guys had a great time there!

Anyway, nice job at the presentation yesterday, daddy! (if you know what I'm saying...)

Seeya man, George