March 26, 2007

Golden, Colorado





Today is my last day of university before Easter break!
Tomorrow I am leaving for Golden, Colorado. This place is very close to Denver, Colorado in the mid-west of the United States of America. The last few days I had to pack for my evection (Wellandians will know what this means). Hopefully the weather will be nice regarding our plans to camp for the majority of our stay.
At arrival we (a good friend of mine and me) will stay at my friend's brother's house for a week or so. Ulrich (the brother of my friend Harald) is completing his master in "Erdöltechnik" at a University in Golden.
By the end of the week we hope to have seen the best parts of Denver and some nice places in Colorado (there are fantastic skiing resorts and hiking possibilities), in order to leave this place for the two weeks left.
According to our rough outline we will start our route in direction "Grand Canyon National Park", a must see when in the area. Next, we will continue our route to the center of gambling, Las Vegas. From there, if time permits, we plan to head to the West Coast and eventually reach Los Angeles. By then we will be broke and hungry, therefore ready to return to Golden and fly back to Graz, Austria where University will have started already a day before we arrive.

I looking forward to leaving a message from time to time in order to let you know what I found out about the American culture ;)

1 comment:

fn said...

you lucky dog!

IT's about time you see what some *real* mountains look like!

Glad to hear you are researching American "culture"...

Can't wait for your posts from the field...

and remember: Camping is in-tents!