April 21, 2007

Back in ahh from the USA!

source: www.lunargifts.co.uk
Well, it ain't my country but the Americans love their flag so much that I've to put it here for once at least!
Chuck Berry: Back in the USA The Beatles' song "> "Back in the USSR" is a parody of Chuck Berry,...
It’s been almost a week that I’ve touched Austrian soil again. Unfortunately, to this very moment it was not possible for me to update my Weblog. I suppose that millions out there are waiting for comments, pictures and adventures from the Far West. Don’t worry, be patient! Sooner or later I’ll sit down in front of my laptop take out the USA map and write down what comes to my mind. This will be the moment when you will hear about my friends and me on several summit attempts in the Colorado Rockies. Then, you might get some pictures of the unbelievable places we had to sleep on our hikes in the American Canyonlands. Further, I might show you the statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Eiffel Tower and the Venetian Canals à la US. As my trip took me even further west, a short update on how Mitch is doing at Malibu Beach and which star lives where in Beverly Hills could come up as well. Not to be set aside are wonderful pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge followed by ups and downs in San Francisco, California. Before coming home to everyday life in Graz; a short visit to Grand Canyon National Park, the Great Sand Dunes (which by the way look fantastic even if they are snow covered) and finally Denver and Golden, Colorado will sum up my report on my three week trip to the far west of the United States of America.
In addition to that, I’ll provide you with some personal comments on American life, people, attitudes and culture sometimes comparing my experiences with Bill Bryson’s “Notes from a Big Country” which I happened to read on my flight back to the old continent. ("Link" to buy the book – by the way, I read a "Reklam" version of it where the most important vocab and cultural information you might not know are provided. The Reklam, however, only contains a third of the original text. Nevertheless, I believe Bryson’s “Notes” form a great opportunity to get a first glimpse of American culture.)

No comments: